2015 Nissan Versa

Motorcycles with Straight Pipes, Boom Cars, Car Alarms, Semi Trucks with Engine Brakes, Off-Road Vehicles, Back-Up Alarms, Keyless Entry Sounds, Artificial Vehicle Sounds, Rumbler Sirens.
Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:14 pm
Comes equipped with the horn lock notification. (This is a rental car... Complaining about it when returning the car)

To anyone interested, you disable the feature by holding down the unlock and lock buttons on your key for at least 2 seconds until the car lights flash 3 times. From then on, your lights only flash when locking the car. Easy!

I also just discovered if you insert the key into the drivers door and rotate it clockwise to unlock. You rotate it clockwise TWICE to unlock all doors. (useful to know)
Also it will not allow you to lock the car doors if the key is in the ignition.

Personally I'd rather the car not come with the horn lock feature at all of course! (because I'm sure it defaults back to horn enabled if you disconnect the battery during service)
Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:49 pm
Interesting, didn't know that! That's actually a good way to start a conversation. Instead of yelling at somebody for their horn, you offer to help them disable that "stupid, useless, crappy, illegal and embarrassingly attention seeking feature which I am sure has been annoying you since you got the car" - by explaining the key/press routine.
Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:23 am
Jacobpansy, heres more info. for you: The Nissan Versa is a little, ugly POS.