Noisy Prius

Motorcycles with Straight Pipes, Boom Cars, Car Alarms, Semi Trucks with Engine Brakes, Off-Road Vehicles, Back-Up Alarms, Keyless Entry Sounds, Artificial Vehicle Sounds, Rumbler Sirens.
Fri May 19, 2017 11:09 pm
Hi everyone, this is m y first post here, so please let me know if I'm doing something wrong. I'm Dan and I'm very concerned about noise.

I know it sounds weird, but my neighbors Prius is really loud.
It emits a high pitched beep when he's backing up and then a really loud whirling sound when he's driving.
I mentioned it to him, but he's so proud that he's "doing the environment right" that he doesn't seem to care.
Any ideas how I can approach him diplomatically?
Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:04 pm
This is my 1st post too. Hope I'm doing it right. I'm from Milwaukee (don't get me started on Harley noise!).

I found this post on an internet search. I thought I was crazy until I saw yours. My neighbor has a Prius too. I don't like that beeping noise at all. It totally wakes me up from my nap when he comes home from work. But honestly, the worst part is the sound that the stones in his tires make on his concrete driveway. Tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick all the way up the driveway!

I thought I was being nice when I presented him with a nice (brand new!) broom to leave in his car to sweep his tires off on the street before going on his driveway. He just looked at me like I was crazy. Can you imagine? I'm the crazy one?? I'm not the one who has dozens of tire demons tapping little anvils with their ball peen hammers for what seems like hours on end waking me up from my afternoon nap!!!! I just walked away in disgust with my broom. Now the only recourse I have is to sneak over onto his driveway in the middle of the night and sweep what stones are on there off. I don't even know where he gets these stones in the first place! We live on a paved street! I tried following him a couple of times, but I think he knew I was behind him because he just went to ordinary places like Starbucks and Wal-Mart. No gravel anywhere. Where is the gravel coming from????????????? I'll try again today. I'm watching his driveway through the blinds as I type. So far no activity. I hope he leaves soon because my wife is making toast and when it pops up I get a little freaked out.

Honestly - this mystery and all the noise is driving me crazy!!

And I don't like the beeping sound too.
Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:01 pm
Hi Dan. Looks like your post has attracted one of the strange internet beings known as a "troll". I find that if you just ignore them, they eventually go away.

Anyways, back to your problem. It's been my experience that a little kindness soothes the savage (and noisy) beast. Showing up on his doorstep with a nice bottle of wine can go a long ways towards resolving a dispute - but please, no champagnes or other sparkling wines! The aural cacophony of that cork popping is enough to wake the dead.

A delicious casserole is always well received too, as long as its preparation doesn't involve the chopping of hard vegetables or the use of blenders and food processors. (My KitchenAid blender registers 110dBA on max. speed, far too high IMO).
Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:26 pm
Hey Dynamick - maybe you should take your wine and casserole over to the quiet gay (NTTAWWT) dude forum. Us adults are trying to have a serious conversation here. :geek:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:42 am
You must be new to this Interwebs stuff - typing in all capital letters (whatever that parenthesized string of gobbledegook means) is equivalent to shouting. Shouting, by definition, is loud.

I don't think you're as serious about noise pollution as you claim to be.