Possible to sue City for installing playground close to home

Noisy Neighbors & Businesses, Barking Dogs, Strategy, Landlords, HOAs, Apartment Managers, Police, Litigation.
Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:25 am
I've lived in my home in Colorado for 27 years. Last year the City decided to install a huge playground which is well lit all night long, only a few feet from the front of my home. It's not the noise of the children during the day that is constant and sometimes very loud, it is the constant night time disturbances from adults partying there that is the problem. Unfortunately my bedroom window faces the playground and my ability to sleep peacefully is gone. I've called police constantly, but they don't seem to care. I've complained constantly to the Parks director and City council, and their only advice is to call the police. The problem is I've already been awakened by the noise so simply calling police doesn't help with my being awakened to begin with. Also, the Parks department uses a loud edger and leaf blower on the park lawn at least once a week starting at 6:30 a.m. right in front of my house which wakes me up each time. I've lost the peaceful enjoyment of my home and I would like to know if there is a law firm in Colorado who might represent me. I am 57 years old but have aged dramatically and am no longer healthy due to my lack of sleep since the playground was installed about a few months ago due to these issues. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:47 am
They did not take into account the impact on local neighbors when they installed the playground. You need to contact an attorney, this is not a police problem.
Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:11 am
Thanks for your response. I have called a few attorney's who have told me there is nothing I can do; it's the City's land and they can do whatever they wish with it. :(.