Noisy neighbors - what to do

Noisy Neighbors & Businesses, Barking Dogs, Strategy, Landlords, HOAs, Apartment Managers, Police, Litigation.
Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:23 pm
Dear Community,
Please help! In winter we bought a house in Sheepshead Bay area of Brooklyn, NY. When it became hot, the neighbors, whose property borders our property, have parties in their swimming pool until 3-4 AM EVERY weekend and sometimes during the week. I spoke with them, once it helped, but it was only for one night. We called 311 and Police Precinct 61, they came but could not enter private property. This night we called precinct at 1:42 AM, they quickly responded but after they left the noise and screams became even louder, moreover the neighbors throw their garbage into our backyard. We called 311 at 3:15 AM, today we got an email that by the time the police came noise stopped, Apparently they came around 5AM as that was the time it stopped. We are exhausted and not able to function.
What should we do to stop it once and forever?
Thanks you.
Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:00 pm
I do not have personal experience exactly like this, but briefly rented an apartment whose backyard faced a yard with late night pool parties. Calling the police was unhelpful as you have learned and I soon moved away. I would suggest finding out if any of the other neighbors are bothered by the noise, and writing a group letter to a local elected official who has a record of working on quality of life issues if not noise issues. I would try to get some kind of mediation to occur where the communication is calm and polite. I would also consider building a high wall between the properties, but even there, to frame it as a solution for both parties.

There is no excuse for this behavior, but I would try not to do things on their level but to try to bring things to a more civil level of communication.
Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:46 am
You need to attend the next NYPD Precinct Community Council monthly meeting for your local precinct (call them and get the day, time and location). When you attend, speak to the community affairs officer and the inspector of your precinct and explain the situation. Make sure you get their direct number. The next time this happens, call 311 and if the police do not arrive in a timely manner, call the community affairs officer and the inspector and let them know. This strategy is effective because it lets the police know that your serious about this problem, and smart enough to deal with them directly. Go to every council meeting and follow up with them as needed.
Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:00 am
I currently live in Orlando. My once peaceful neighborhood (East/Goldenrod) became unlivable over the 14 years. I sold and moved to rent in a much nicer part of town (North/Lake Sue) but, the booming continues. Two vehicles travel down the dead in street multiple times a day creating the disturbance. The rest of the time it is very peaceful. Can anyone suggest areas of Florida that actually do something about this?
Worried about 642-437 braindumps exam & comptia network+ mybraindumps LX0-102 We offer up-to-dated practice questions and dumps with Maryland Institute College of Art

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 17 on Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:54 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest