Loud Neighbor Laughing

Noisy Neighbors & Businesses, Barking Dogs, Strategy, Landlords, HOAs, Apartment Managers, Police, Litigation.
Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:36 pm
We just moved to a beautiful apartment in CA, and love our living situation except for the neighbors next door. The houses are built very close together, and the young family have a backyard, which is just under our bedroom window. They have parties regularly, where large groups of people come to drink and smoke (all sorts of things despite the young baby they have, but that is not our issue...). Sometimes the parties continue after 10pm, which is very disturbing to us.

The biggest problem for now is a young lady who comes daily, and who laughs loudly every minute. Her jovial character must be lovely for those close to her, but the decibels her laughter emits are so disturbing! Also, the laughter reminds me of a screeching door, that has gotten stuck while being closed. Or, Anderson Cooper laughter ^ 100, with nervous undertones...

Long story short, it is disturbing. If anyone has any ideas of what we can do to reduce this noise, that would be great. I am looking into noise cancelling curtains and window installations: will these do the trick? Any guidance would be precious! In the meantime, we are using a noise cancellation machine and keep the windows closed.

Thanks a lot!!
Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:57 pm
Since you live in an apartment, you should discuss the problem with the apartment manager (or landlord) first. If the neighbors are inviting people over that is causing problems, that is also actionable by the apartment manager. If the apartment manager will not intercede, then you should speak directly with the neighbor (be civil but make clear their noisy parties are unacceptable). If they choose to ignore your complaint, you can call the police as they are disturbing the peace.
Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:00 am
Have you considered recording the woman's voice? I suggest throwing a little faux "party" of your own. Record this she-donkey's mellifluous melodies, put them on a CD, and find some reasonable sounding time of the day between 10 AM and 9 PM (perhaps the baby's nap-time?) to play it on repeat in your yard, when you know it will inconvenience them.
Cruel measures are sometimes necessary to achieve justice. Imagine the irony of them complaining to you about "a loud and obnoxious laughing noise." "Well, what a coincidence," you might say, "I seem to have the same issue!"

Of course, try to see the problem from their perspective, too. Failing that, there's always the above method to make them see yours.

However, they can't solve a problem they don't know about!
Fri May 09, 2014 8:32 am
I’ve lived in a variety of neighborhoods throughout my life, and noise has always been an issue for me. I really can't withstand loud noises as I am not used to it. I have lived all my life in a pacific home and I kind of getting hard time adjusting since I had to utilize apartments and that such can't be at all privileged. So I always consider using thick carpets, soundproofing drywall and door silencing kit.
Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:40 pm
Hi,

My next door neighbor is a vineyard/winery that starts operations at 5am with tractors, leaf blowers and much more. I live out of city limits in California. What are the laws around noise pollution in residential county limits? I know county workers can not start until 8am and must stop at 5pm but don't know the law for winery's. If they are breaking the law, how do I report it?
Get Braindumps demos for 1z0-146 exam dump and passguide with 100% success testking.co.uk - 3101 dumps Our high quality cnsu.edu itil prepares you well before appearing in the final keiseruniversity of www.sckans.edu