Property manager sent my complaint emails to the neighbor

Noisy Neighbors & Businesses, Barking Dogs, Strategy, Landlords, HOAs, Apartment Managers, Police, Litigation.
Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:05 pm
This is my emails to the property manager, as well as the owner. Can someone please tell me where to go from here??

On Thursday, August 13, 2015 10:22 AM, chevy_4x4_grl wrote:

Good Morning.

Barbara, as you are aware, there have been some issues with the new neighbors from the moment they moved in. These issues are becoming more frequent, as well as more severe. Scott and I have tried to be nice, however, that just doesn't work with these type of people.

Scott and I mostly work nights, as you are also aware of. When his son, or sons' friend, was riding his skateboard back and forth continuously up and down the sidewalk in front of the doors, as well as in front of our bedroom window at approximately 9:00AM, Scott got out of bed, went out front and explained to the man that we work nights and were sleeping, and requested that they be considerate of this. This "man's" solution was to start up the power washer. Needless to say, with only 2 hours of sleep, and working another 12 hours that night - we were pretty worn out.

When I came in from work the following morning, I pulled their trash can up along with ours, (due to the previous issue regarding this). He, in turn, took theirs back down to the street, and began using ours. This alone is not really an issue, however, these people do not seem to know any boundaries.

In addition, their child left a trail of candy wrappers along the front sidewalk, (where the parking is), as well as along the sidewalk in front of the doors. We picked those up. The following day, (yesterday), they left a large drink cup from the gas station propped up against the outside wall just outside of our bedroom window. When I came in from work, I placed it in front of their front door, hoping they would get the message. Um, it didn't work. He then put it in our trash can, along with the other 2 that his son had to climb up on the roof to get yesterday afternoon. I placed them back in front of his door. When we arrived home this morning, he had put them back in ours. I, again, removed them, and placed them back at his door.

Scott and I did put up a privacy fence after speaking with you. They, in turn, are now using it to hang items over, and to prop up their numerous old and very dirty surf boards which hangs over on our side - when there are 3 other fences they can put them on. This is causing the fence to lean forwards. It also does not really help the situation when his son climbs up it and walks on the roof.

Scott and I take care of this property as if it were our own. We trim the shrubs, we spray for bugs, as well as weeds. The candy wrappers and drink containers thrown around will introduce bugs, other than the fact that it's just nasty. The extremely loud tv, the slamming of doors, the walking on the roof goes on pretty much all day, every day. Again, just one of these issues is not the problem, the problem is all of them combined, that continue to get worse. We very much feel that he is behaving in this manner simply to instigate. And, believe me, I am not that far from it.

We are strongly requesting that you handle this matter immediately. At this point, I simply do not have the patience to teach someone consideration and thoughtfulness of others. I now understand why they spent $600 in application fees during their search for a place to live. I am afraid this is going to escalate at any moment.

We are going to try to get a few hours of sleep, I go into work at 2, Scott goes in at 5. If you need to contact us, please do so. We will check our phones after getting a few hours of sleep.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this urgent matter.

***I RECEIVED NO RESPONSE*******************************************************************************************************************

On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 11:44 AM wrote:
Good Morning, again.

As I stated in my previous e-mail, the situation next door is escalating. We were once again woken up by the slamming of doors, including the cute little gate that I adore. The gate was previously loose, and we bought new screws and replaced them. However, these people are continuing to be disrespectful of us, and your property by treating it in such a manner. In an effort to circumvent, we took the gate off approximately 15 minutes ago. We will put it back up once we are informed that this situation has been handled, or when we move out - whichever occurs first.
In addition, although we have previously discussed the parking with them, in order to instigate, the "man" parked in Scotts parking spot last night. I was absolutely livid when he came in from work this morning and informed me of this. I feel a simple solution to this would be to place "209" on two of the spots, and "211" on the remaining two. Before we do this, as owner and property manager, we are asking your permission to allow us to do this - at our own expense, in an attempt to help keep the peace. Drawing lines for parking is also an option since they seem to be incapable of parking straight. In one of the photos that I have attached, this is obvious. If my son had of left while this vehicle was parked there, I can't promise that he wouldn't have hit it on accident.
I am attaching several pictures of just a few of the issues that we have continuously encountered. (Trash in the bush in the front corner, inside the gate; parking of the person that comes to see them on a regular basis; the front door mat thrown over the fence in front of our doors that has been there for weeks; the padlock on the gate that has prevented brighthouse from being able to access the outside box in order to repair our internet). It has begun to appear trashy - not an environment that we wish to live in.
In addition, I am unsure if you are aware of the placement of the furniture that was previously inside the unit. I simply know that if it were my unit, and it came furnished, and new occupants placed the furniture outside to ruin in the elements, that I would like to be informed.
These ongoing issues with them desperately need to be discussed. Every single time that we take the trash out, check the mail, leave to go to work, or run to the store, I am afraid a serious confrontation will take place. This is not an "okay" way to be living.
To prevent someone going to jail, my next step is to have the Cape Canaveral Police Department to come over and confront this situation head on. We can no longer allow overlooking the escalation of instigation that they are so persistent on pursing. This is a very serious manner that we have attempted to resolve on our own - this is not an option any longer.

As an added note, I do not find it a coincidence that Scott had a flat tire last night - a screw in his tire. Just another way this angry, nasty trash next door is saying , "Screw you".

********Property Managers Response that she CC'd the mentioned neighbor on, as well as forwarded her my previous 2 emails********************************************************************************************************************************************

On Friday, August 14, 2015 4:37 PM, Barbara wrote:

First the gate must be put back up immediately....
Fighting fire with fire does not work as you are finding out....
Rebecca and her boyfriend are well qualified people, with great references. It is rude to even think that one would call there neighbor "trash".
It appears you both have good and bad days. The two couples need to make amends, address any REAL issue, and resolve.
Rebecca, you need to address all the items you have been accused of by email, so you can give full input on each item Lori is addressing. There are two sides to every story.....
Antonio nor myself can do a thing about your actions, and I HIGHLY advise you do not call the police on any of these petty issues....
You are all adults, and neighbors, you all need to rise above the situation and stop all this. It is much easier to be friends, and know that your "neighbor" has your back, then to worry that your neighbor wants to kick your butt. All of this negative anger, mistrust, and name calling is taking up so much useless energy....
Perhaps now the best way for you two to communicate is by email, and I expect a quick resolution....
Thanks
Barbara

************My Reply*****************************************************************************************************************************

To Barbara rebekah nave Antonio Romano Aug 14 at 6:37 PM
The REAL issue is inconsideration and disrespect. We, (Scott and I), have shown this to our previous neighbor, as well as the new ones. However, we cannot continue to show respect and consideration to those that do not show us the same. I do agree with you on the fact that amends do need to be made, I rather enjoyed the conversation between Rebekah and myself a few days after they moved in - not really sure on what happened after that. Unless they believe that we are the ones that put the nasty note on their door - which it was actually the neighbor that lives beside us. It would absolutely be ideal if we could all just get along. However, it is a two way street. One issue alone is "petty", all of them combined are way more than "petty" - it is a chosen lifestyle of rudeness. I would like all of us to sit down and discuss all of the issues - with a mediator, of course. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

It is rather simple to me: Respect and consideration - BOTH ways.
Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:21 am
I found out that my county has a neighborhood remediation service. They should have lots of ideas for you. Look into that. I have not contacted mine yet but have talked to various county agencies about my problem. Do all you can to talk to the neighbors. Misunderstandings are very easy, and situations can escalate over emotions making it even harder to talk to one another. That's where a mediator comes in, whether it be a county service, the police, or maybe another neighbor who wants peace between you all.

If they still refuse to acknowledge you as a human being (like mine) and the mediators aren't helping, then you can start calling the police. Do everything you can before it comes to that point though. If your area is like mine, you can call, and while you give them your name you can tell them that you want to be anonymous to the people you are reporting. They show up and confront your neighbor without telling who called (even though they will probably know). As much as it sucks, you also need to start video taping and documenting everything because if your area is like mine, you can file a citation which then goes to court and it's just your word against theirs along with the evidence you both present. Make sure you really have a case and are understanding both your side of the story and theirs because they could just as easily call the police on you maybe.

I am very sorry this is happening to you. It's not easy working night shifts where you are going against the majority of the world. I don't think you want to hear this, but in my situation, I am feeling defeat right now and working toward putting the place up for sale and moving as soon as I can (being forced from my home where I have lived my entire life), which probably won't be for a couple years at least :(. Let that be a lesson to you to try to handle this as carefully and as much without emotion as possible. You will certainly develop your ambassador skills, and bravery through this, and I hope come out a stronger person. I also suggest, despite your neighbors not being able to put their feet in your shoes, do all you can to put yourself in their situation. See if you can understand where they are coming from. All of this takes a lot of time and can be extremely frustrating, but that's the proper way to do it. Work as hard as you can to talk to them in as friendly manner as possible and open up communication. Like I said, if that doesn't work, go to a mediator. If they still refuse to talk to you to at least compromise, then you really have a problem.

You have to treat these people as children because they have the minds of children. But more than that you have to understand they are adults with the minds of children so that makes it even harder. It sounds like you may have made a few errors in your frustration by doing things that would piss them off even more rather than communicating with them nicely right from the beginning and at all times throughout. You have to be even more intelligent because you have to realize that these people might not that capable of being decent human beings to respect you. It's really frustrating. Make all the effort you can to work with them before going to higher enforcement or retaliation but sometimes that's what it comes to if you are dealing with true bullies or people that are just angry at life or come from a different culture, social status, or background. It is very hard for people to understand your perspective and put their feet in your shoes, and it is frustrating for you to get that perspective across (mediators help). They might feel the same way. It's far easier to fight, but we live in a world where they took away the old gun slinger west from us. That has allowed this population growth and all these problems, but there are always trade-offs of good and bad. That's about all the advice I have.
Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:12 am
Ten years ago I lived in a condo and put up with similar bullshit from a psycho, loony neighbor who lived next door in the same building. It was a neightmare. I know exactly what you are going through. You literally feel more comfortable walking down a back alley behind the stores than you do in your own front yard. The only thing you can do is sell and move. Since you are apparently renting, this will be easier for you. Get the fuck out now. These people are low-lifes of the lowest order. Nobody else is going to care about you or feel sorry for you. They may even take the bad people's side. People are fucked up. I hope you learned your lesson. Buy a house. Iff you cant afford one, buy or rent a shack or trailor that has property boundaries. Dont ever do the apartment thing again. Tell your landlord you are moving out immediately if they dont evict the people, and that you expect ALL of your security deposit money refunded or you will sue them (the landlords)
Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:19 am
MOST IMPORTANT:

MAKE SURE YOU BUY AND HAVE ON YOU A VIDEO CAMERA AT ALL TIMES!!!!

ANYTIME YOU AND THE BAD PEOPLE ARE ON THE PROPERTY, OUTSIDE AT THE SAME TIME, HAVE IT RUNNING AND POINTING AT THEM. ANYTHING THEY DO WILL BE RECORDED. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BE CAUGHT OUT THERE WITHOUT YOUR CAMERA. IF YOU CAN, BUY ANOTHER ONE (surveillnace) TO WATCH YOUR CAR FROM THE WINDOW FOR YOU, TOO.
MY BAD NEIGHBOR THREW SOMETHING AT ME AFTER STEALING IT FROM ME. THE NEXT DAY I HAD 2 COPS INVESTIGATE ME AND READ ME MY RIGHTS BECAUSE THE BAD NEIGHBOR FILED A FALSE POLICE REPORT OF BATTERY. WHEN I PLAYED THE VIDEO OF WHAT REALLY HAPPENED (for the cops), I AVOIDED JAIL TIME AND THE PSYCHO LOONY GOT A SLAP ON THE WRIST INSTEAD OF THE DEMONIC SMILE SHE WANTED.
Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:22 am
IGNORE THIS ADVICE AT YOUR OWN RISK. DO NOT BNE TIMID WITH THE THING. DONT TRY TO BE POLITE. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO VIDEO TAPE THEM WHEN THEY ARE AROUND YOU BECAUSE OF THEIR BEHAVIOR. LEGALLY, THERE IS NO PRECEPTION OF PRIVACY OUTSIDE IN PUBLIC. WHEN THEY TRY TO BATTER YOU FOR EXERCISING YOUR RIGHT TO VIDEOTAPE YOU HAVE THEM ARRESTED.

OR

DONT USE THE CAMERA AND NOBODY BELIEVES YOU EXCEPT FOR US NOBODYS HERE ON NOISEOFF AND LAND YOUR ASS IN JAIL.
Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:27 am
Your property manager is on the side of the bad guys. Your property manager forwarded your letters to the bad guys so the bad guys could be entertained by them. Then she went and wrote you a letter lecturing YOU. Take all my advise ASAP