Rude hornlock neighbor

Noisy Neighbors & Businesses, Barking Dogs, Strategy, Landlords, HOAs, Apartment Managers, Police, Litigation.
Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:12 am
awake1:

Working on it. Locally I have started making public comment at every town meeting. I plan to make better public comments and recommendations as time goes on and I learn more about the issue. You can be sure I am being active on all levels from this point forward in my life.
Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:37 pm
People who don't disable or avoid the honk-on-lock behavior are idiots. Years ago when I bought a BMW that I found made a "wolf whistle" sound every time it was locked or unlocked, I rushed it to a shop to have them disable it. They hook up a computer, enter a code, and it's done. Every other car I've owned only honks if I press the button a second time, which of course I don't do, BECAUSE I NOT ONLY HEAR THE DOORS LOCK, THE LIGHTS FLASH. I don't need a third form of notification that the bloody doors are locked.

My next-door neighbor has a car that honks every time it locks. It annoys me and makes me want to kick him in the face every time, but so far it has not woken us up so I have not said anything.
Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:01 pm
So I don't know why the horn lock technology exists. When she presses a button on the remote key fob to lock her car, a horn sounds? What is the purpose of the horn sounding?
I'm thinking that she may want to keep the horn lock for other places where she parks. But since you have the manual, is there a way she could have the horn lock still work other places she parks, but lock it silently when she parks by your residence?
Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:13 pm
Greg Dahlen wrote:
So I don't know why the horn lock technology exists. When she presses a button on the remote key fob to lock her car, a horn sounds? What is the purpose of the horn sounding?
I'm thinking that she may want to keep the horn lock for other places where she parks. But since you have the manual, is there a way she could have the horn lock still work other places she parks, but lock it silently when she parks by your residence?

I don't know why it exists either. It serves no purpose other than to let the entire neighborhood know they locked their car. We recently have been having someone park in front of the dumpster in here on garbage pick up day. The truck driver honks his horn but no one pay attention because everyone just ignores EMERGENCY signals now because of this horn honk locking feature.

I thought I said it already but the person in question refuses to disable or not use the feature at night just like a lot of people are doing. Sound travels into our private property personal space. It's a weapon that we can't fight in many areas because there are no regulations and it takes years and luck to get regulations passed sometimes.
Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:21 pm
There is a website called Green Car Integrity http://www.greencarintegrity.org that addresses the issue of remote keyless entry sounds.

I never understood why automakers, continue to make vehicles that make audible alarm sounds for no purpose. This is something that ONAC, were it funded, could have mandated standards to eliminate the sounds entirely